The Whistler TRX-1 Scanner –
a great choice for a handheld police scanner…
- TRX-1 is an easy to use scanner, enter your zip code for local frequencies found in minutes or utilize the EZ Scan PC software to program your favorite frequencies.
“…This is a great scanner, I had it up and running with local frequencies almost right out-of-the-box…”
- Exclusive monitoring of NXDN™, next-generation standard makes the TRX-1 the latest in scanner technology.
“…with the TRX1 I was able to update to NXDN very easily and the transmissions are incredibly clear …”
- Large backlit LCD screen and easy keypad control, allows you to quickly set up your preferences and start listening in.
“…the unit itself helps walk you through set-up for all basic functions…”
- Exclusive to Whistler is the Spectrum Sweeper® feature that allows the device to tune into frequencies within a line-of-sight in a 30-mile radius.
“…when I turned on Spectrum Sweeper, I was able to receive frequencies as I traveled through a new area without having to locate or program the zip code or any other info, unbelievably easy…”
- Whistler TRX-1 Handheld Police Scanner
- MicroSD Card
- Swivel Belt Clip
- USB Cable
- Protective Case
- 2 Inserts
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
Unit Size & Weight:
- H 5.3″ x W 2.1″ x D 1.1″ [without antenna]
- H 10″ [with antenna]
- 7.4 oz
- 25-54 MHz
- 108-136.99 MHz
- 137-174 MHz
- 216-512 MHz
- 764-781.99 MHz
- 791-798.99 MHz
- 806-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
- Zip code programming
- 30-mile radius scanning with Spectrum Sweeper®, exclusive to Whistler TRX-1
- Database usage and Favorites list can be programmed with PC software EZ Scan
- DMR/MotoTRBO™ Tier II
- Improved P25 Functionality (Phase I, Phase II, X2-TDMA)
- NXDN™ [exclusive to Whistler]
- Functional keypad and backlit LCD display
- USA/Canada Radio database on 2GB MicroSD Card
- USB Interface 2.0 or earlier
- Signal Strength Meter
- 200 Scanlists
- Weather Radio Functions
- Multi-system Trunking
- Headphone Jack
- Programmable Alert LED
- Programmable Audio Alarms
- V-Scanner II Storage System
- Audio Recording
- Built-in Clock/Calendar
- Built-in Services Searches
- Built-in Discriminator output
Q. Where can I buy the Whistler TRX-1 Handheld Police Scanner?
Q. How far away can the scanner receive signals?
A. With the standard antenna included with the scanner, you can expect to receive signals in a “line-of-sight” 25-50 mile radius from your location. If you live near mountains, tall buildings or other large obstacles, your receiving range may be limited.
Q. What is the difference between a police scanner and a radio scanner?
A. There is no difference, a police scanner is referred to by a variety of different names including radio scanner, scanner radio, fire scanner, race scanner, channel scanner, scanner and possibly others.
Q. What is the squelch feature?
A. Squelch feature quiets the background noise on a channel. The scanner detects the background noise as radio transmission and will stay on that channel until the background noise ends or is squelched before it continues to scan through the rest of your programmed channels.