The Uniden BCD436HP Scanner –
my top pick in the handheld scanner category…
- Easy to Use, simply enter zip code for almost immediate out-of-the-box usage, PC program your favorite frequencies or GPS capability for on-the-move location-based scanning.
“…I was able to type in my zip code right out of the box and start listening to local police and fire in a few minutes…”
- This unit is equipped with the latest in scanner technology.
“…My scanner is very powerful- I can listen for hours, record and playback calls…”
- It is the first handheld scanner to utilize HomePatrol-1, the easy to use extra-large backlit LCD touchscreen and zip code locator, to zero in on your local area.
“…I can take it with me anywhere, easily clips to my belt and I can see the large backlit screen day or night…”
- Exclusive to Uniden is the Close Call® RF Capture feature that allows the device to tune into frequencies within a 30-mile radius.
- GPS connectivity is exclusively available on the Uniden BCD436HP. If you travel, the Uniden GPS will send your current location to your scanner and update the local frequencies as you travel from region to region. The GPS unit is sold separately, but it can be very useful and easy to plug&play.
- Uniden BCD436HP TrunkTracker V Scanner
- Antenna (All-Band Rubber Duck)
- USB Cable
- Hand Strap
- NiMH batteries
- SMA to BNC Adapter
Unit Size & Weight:
- H 6.3″ x W 2.8″ x D 1.5″ [without antenna]
- H 12.5″ [with antenna]
- 12.4 oz
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 894-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
4GB MicroSD card:
- Entire USA / Canada radio database
- Space available for hundreds of hours of audio recording
Easy to program:
- Easy to program with Zip Code
- Close Call® RF Capture [30-mile radius scanning]
- Main database usage
- Favorites list
- GPS connectivity [location specifications]
- Phase I and Phase II
- LTR Trunked Radio System
- Home Patrol-1
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alerts
- Backlit Keypad & LCD
- Rubber side and bottom, durable construction
- Function and Menu controls
- Select / Volume / Squelch
- Swivel Belt Clip
- 3xAA battery powered for up to 8 hours usage
- SMA antenna
- Extra-large LCD Display
- GPS connectivity input
- Enhanced Dynamic Memory
- Narrowband Reception
- PC programmable with Sentinel software [included]
Q. Where can I buy the Uniden BCD436HP Handheld Police Scanner?
Q. How many frequencies can I program in my Uniden Scanner?
A. Unlimited frequencies.
Q. What can I receive/hear on my scanner?
A. Even though it is often called a police scanner, it is possible to listen to other radio transmissions from fire, EMT, emergency, taxis, aircraft, military, corporate and amateur radio calls. Most two-way radio transmissions have the ability to be received by the scanner.
Q. What is the squelch feature?
A. Squelch feature quiets the background noise on a channel. The scanner detects the background noise as radio transmission and will stay on that channel until the background noise ends or is squelched before it continues to scan through the rest of your programmed channels.